Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Getting back into the Rhythm

As good as the holiday was, I am finding it challenging to maintain control on the not so good foods in our pantry. Besides having a selection of beer and wine left over from our Thanksgiving weekend, there were a number of tart fillings that needed to be addressed. Making up some tarts with the leftover mincemeat and pumpkin filling, and drinking my share of the beer and wine, I feel really bad?, don't know if that is quite the word. I enjoy following CFG, but I have not enjoyed my lack of will power when it has come to finishing of our treats. They are supposed to be a once a week thing. It has turned into a daily or almost daily thing. The good news, the treats are almost all gone, and we won't be bringing any more in. We will be able to go back to having something special once a week. I personally have always found it difficult to say no, when I know that there is some tasty morsel in the fridge or cupboard. That's why I rarely bring anything into the house. Some days, I do very well, some days not so much. I guess lots of people are like that. That all said, I know that this is something I will have to learn to deal with, and try to control. The only good news about Halloween is that I am not a fan of chocolate bars, and candy, (I'm more of a tarts, muffin, and pies kinda of a girl). So Princess won't have to worry that Mum will raid her treat stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment