Wednesday, September 7, 2011

About the right weight

So I (Phatdogg) have been hovering around 194-196 for the last week.  With my size (6'4") it gives me a Body Mass Index (BMI) that is healthy.  I have not been feeling hungry lately, but haven't seen improvement in my sleeping habits (which I have struggled with for a long time).

So in conjunction with the Canadian Food Guide diet plan that we are on, I am trying to increase the amount of exercise I am performing.  I am only making this transition slowly; so I don't have anything to brag about yet, but I do hope to see some differences in my body over time (maybe 6 months).

I did get some beef jerky today ... I looked at the serving size (15g) and determined I would count that as a meat serving for the day.  Bella made some kick-butt meatloaf that I ate for my other two servings of meat today, and now I am practicing discipline in not eating the entire pack of beef jerky (85g) which would be easy for me to do, as I have done it a number of times before.  The frightening read was the amount of sodium from 1 serving....17% of daily allowance.

Things are moving forward, I feel positive about the changes that we have made, and we aren't treating ourselves as often as any of us would like, but about once a week.  This week is my mother's birthday (12th) and Bella and my 4th anniversary (8th) ... two very good reasons to eat poorly, but we are going to split it down the middle and allow ourselves 1 treat for the week on Sunday the 11th...and we are going to stop there.

Catch up with you all soon, Phatdogg

No comments:

Post a Comment